Sharpe Contractors is committed to building a legacy of excellence and we seek individuals who embrace that commitment. Our culture is built on our employees. We seek individuals who share our passion for open communication, teamwork, exceptional customer service and the achievement of outstanding results.
We are dedicated to creating a rewarding and professionally fulfilling work experience in an environment where people have an opportunity to enjoy what they do. We like coming to work and are proud of environment that emphasizes camaraderie and mutual respect.
We offer competitive salary and bonus programs as well as benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
Please contact us today if you are looking for a company where you can have a great career and enjoy coming to work every day!
Just fill out and submit the the form on our website!
Sharpe Contractors, LLC., a growing commercial General Contractor in the Atlanta suburb of Suwanee, GA, is seeking an Assistant Project Manager who is driven, and task oriented with excellent communication, management and technical skills, as well as a strong attention to detail to manage ground-up commercial construction projects.
The candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the commercial construction sector. Previous ground-up hotel construction experience is highly valued.
• Participate in the development of the project estimate and subsequent buy out.
• Assist with the preparation and subsequently update the project schedule.
• Work with Project Manager & Superintendent to develop and implement a project specific safety plan.
• Work with Project Manager to determine and track change order conditions and assist to owner for approval and payment.
• Maintain communications with all members of the project team including client and their representatives, inspectors, vendors, subcontractors and others essential to the success of the project.
• Monitor and forecast cost to complete.
• Assist during the closeout of projects including the management of punch out activities, preparation of warranty documents, acquisition of lien waivers and other responsibilities as directed by Project Manager.
• Bachelors in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
• Experience with construction software and technology.
• Knowledge of RFI’s, Change Orders, Submittals and Scheduling.
• Must possess excellent time management, communications, decision-making, and organizational skills.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively balancing multiple concurrent assignments.
• Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Team Building – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Develops realistic action plans.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Knowledge of OSHA Safety issues. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goal
• Works well under pressure
• Demonstrate ability and desire to work in a proactive way to overcome challenges.
• Provides outstanding customer service in a timely and ethical manner
Sharpe Contractors offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical coverage, 401(k) plan and paid time off. Sharpe Contractors is a Drug-Free Workplace and is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. All employment offers contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug test and background check.